Meeting Carol…

January 31, 2007

Polymer Clay, Silversmithing, Stamping

Ok…so I’m a crafting geek. I totally admit it. And being the crafting geek I am, I can’t think of a cooler thing to experience at CHA this year than meeting the queen of crafting herself, Carol Duvall. 🙂

Click for larger image

So how did I run across Ms. Duvall? Carol has a new papercrafting book coming out in mid-2007 and just happened to be doing a meet & greet in the DRG publishing booth when I went strolling by. She was ever so gracious & sweet as I gushed compliments towards her & was kind enough to take the above picture. So her eyes are shut, but who’s really looking that close? 😉

Be the first to learn about upcoming DFW Copic Club class projects. Sign up for my newsletter here!

13 Responses to “Meeting Carol…”

1. Lisa Cross Says:

How is Carol’s health? What is she up to? Is she going to do a crafting show?

Tell me more.

Thanks.

PS you are so lucky to have met her.

2. Laura Says:

Carol was in great spirits & seems to be doing pretty well. She has been doing a Shop at Home network show “Let’s Get Crafting” for a lil’ while selling craft kits, I believe. She has a new papercrafting book coming out in the summertime, and I think DIY & HGTV will be showing re-runs of her show for quite some time, so we can start our mornings with a lil’ Carol. *grin* She is amazingly down-to-earth & kind to everyone she comes across, and I do feel lucky to have met her if only for a short while.

Here’s a link to her new book

Laura

3. Linda Says:

Laura,
    Thank you for the update on Carol. I really miss her, even though I watch her shows on DYI and HGTV. I know they are all reruns now and wonder how Carol is feeling now. It is great to know she is well and still busy with crafts. What an insperation she is to us all!! I have preordered her book…
    Hope we hear more about her!!

4. Diane Dickinson Says:

Oh I sure do miss Carol Duvall on HGTV. I’ll have to try and find DIY, but I have a feeling I don’t get it.

Someone mentioned Carols shows are not current but reruns and I admit I’d seen some of them but not all.

I watched Carol in the days when she was on our local station in Detroit Michigan.

Sure do hate these changes. I hope Carol does well.

5. joan axtell Says:

HGTV really messed up when they took all the craft shows off. Really getting tired of all the home makeovers and miss Carol Duvall a LOT. Nice to know she is well and still busy.

6. Frances Thompson Says:

I saw a special with Carol last week and she was in a wheelchair. What’s wrong? I certainly wish her the best and miss her shows.

7. Carol Silver Says:

I’ve been inspired by Carol Duvall for many, many years. I still watch her reuns and eventhough I’ve seen the projects many times I love her laugh and smile.

If anyone has updates about Carol please write in, I’d love to know how our “Queen” is doing.

8. Carole Says:

I too miss her show. I even stopped the exented cable channels. I also have wondered about her bio. Computer bio only gives basic info. I do know she has children, but wondered if she has grandchildren. She’d make a great grandma. I also wondered about her health—a wheel chair?

Hope she is doing well.

Carole

9. shirley Says:

Is Carol in a wheel chair? I love to watch her show even the reruns . She is on diy. And yes HGTV did mess up we need more craft shows.

10. Marilynne Adams Says:

I’m with Joan, I am also tired of the home makeovers. How many times can a person makeover their home, or fix it up to sell? Some of us live in the same home for a lifetime, and not everyone can afford to completely make it “over” every year? I love Carol and her(and her guests) ideas and miss her. Hope she is well.

11. mary Jane Says:

I ALSO MISS CAROL, I CANNOT FUNCTION VERY WELL, I’M ALL THUMBS TRYING TO DO MY CRAFTS NOW SINCE THEY TOOK HER OFF AGAIN, I’M TIRED OF THESE OTHER SHOWS ON HGTV, PLEASE BRING BACK CAROL’S SHOW’S, EVEN RERUNS ARE BETTER THAN WHAT’S ON NOW!!! THANK YOU, GOD BLESS YOU CAROL, OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU & YOUR FAMILY!!

12. Sandra Says:

I finally retired part-time and was looking forward to watching Carol Duvall, Simply Quilting and the rest of the craft shows, how extremely disappointing to find that they are no longer on HGTV. Is there a local channel in Michigan that Carol is on?

13. Kathy Says:

I also miss Carol Duvall,the queen of crafts. I feel HGTV has it all wrong. I would be very happy to see another good quilt show or craft show. Having the knitting show on at 0630 is sad. How much of home make overs can we swallow.