But why discriminate? I’m also a lover of acrylic paints, inks, colored pencils, watercolors, oil pastels, patterned paper, fabric, umm…you get the picture. I basically hoard anything I find at Michaels, JoAnns, or Hobby Lobby.
You know what’s great about that? You can use everything in your stash when making your art and call it “Mixed Media.”
Over the past few years, I’ve created dozens of mixed media paintings, and I’m excited to announce they will be on display in my first gallery show at the Jaycee Center starting this Sunday!
AN EXPLOSION OF COLOR” SHOW OPENING + LIVE PAINTING SESSION!
On Sunday, June 26th (from 2-4 p.m.), come join me at the Jaycee Art Center in Irving for my gallery show opening! Entry and parking are free, and I’ve planned something really special for everyone.
Here’s what you can expect:
• A room full of color inspiration with art by myself and two talented friends (photographer, Shanay Payne and encaustic wax artist, Rhonda Daniel)
• A live painting session where I’ll show you how I paint layered, mixed media girls
• Live acoustic guitar music
• Door-prize giveaways (including a free spot in one of my upcoming classes, a free portrait photography session, and more!)
• Yummy snacks/refreshments
• Images from all the Copic projects I’ve taught over the last 5 years
• Did I mention LOTS of color inspiration?
Mark your calendar, and I look forward to seeing you on Sunday! We are going to have so much fun!
More more info and directions to the event, go to our website: